View Single Post
My3cents 09:40 AM 03-29-2012
"Cheeky, I definitely agree about the "family feel" and I wish members weren't "afraid" to post openly. Because I do think there are many who feel that way. I do think that differeing views and perspectives are super important, especially in this job where we are often homebound and not able to get out during the day. We become isolated from outside opinions or views that differ from ours.

I sincerely hope that the regular member you had a difference of opinion with with was not me.... I know we run our programs very differently but as a regular and active member of this board, I for one value what you have to say. I run my program more on the business side where as I am pretty sure you run yours more on the family-relationship side of things and I respect you for doing so.

I also want EVERYONE here to know that if you ever disagree or do not like something I have posted or said, please don't ever hesitate to call me out on it, post your honest response and/or PM me if necessary. I am human and I can lose sight of the point and let my feelings get in the way just as easily as anyone else.

I am a pretty outspoken person and I know I don't do things exactly the same as others (as we are ALL unique) but I would never personally want anyone to ever feel I was squashing their true feelings or thoughts for fear of any type of "flaming" in retribution. I just want to throw out there that I love this board and it really is my "outlet" for stress and helps me keep going on a regular basis.

I truly appreciate every single member here and I respect everyone for how they choose to run their businesses and for their thoughts AND opinions....ESPECIALLY when they are different from mine.

I love seeing things from another person's viewpoint. It gives us all a chance to evaluate our actions, thoughts and words which is a good thing since we all know that no two kids, days and/or situations are the same.

I think that we should all take a step back and re-read the posts we write. We all need to double check that our words aren't hurtful or mean towards any one. It is awesome if we want to disagree but we need to do it in a respectful manner. Kind of like how we teach our daycare kids, be nice or don't play together. Really NOT that hard to do. "

I could have wrote most of the above- except I try to strike a balance with the business end and the family relationships. Everything is so multi faceted that I find myself spinning some days like a disco ball and bouncing back the reflections of the mirror images on each facet- We have to be, we wear so many hats in this job and in our lives outside of the job. All in all I hope my honey comb hide out has a special place in the nest/hive just as you all have that special place too- 3Cents