View Single Post
MrsJ 07:24 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Besides government involvement and care becoming a synonym for education the biggest change is who runs the household and makes the rules.

It used to be the tallest people in the household, the ones allowed to carry a wallet but now it seems the shortest members or loudest members of the household are the ones in charge.
Totally agree! Drop off and pick up has changed. During pickup what used to take 2 minutes now takes 15.
Transitions are harder and sometimes days seem longer for these kids. I think this goes along with differing parenting styles and finding the right way to mesh day with evening.

During interviews parents used to ask me if I offer curriculum & activities but during care didn't really mind if I did or didn't. Nowadays I don't get the question at all. I think it's just expected.

I do think asking more questions is a result of us feeling like we really have to in order to keep them safe anywhere and also because.. internet. More opportunity to research and find more questions. My door used to stay unlocked but not anymore.