View Single Post
dEHmom 06:05 AM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow can you sound anymore bitchy!? It was a simple question. That is what's wrong with the Daycare system these days is the owners are all money hungry that watch our "precious" for a ton of money!
Ok I realize this is old, but seriously!!!!!!?????????

I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement about being money hungry.

In comparison, lets just look at the numbers....

Daycare provider charges $25/child/day....this includes their food, snacks, milk, juice, toilet flushes, toilet paper, soap to wash dishes, soap to wash their hands, cleaning products to keep everything clean so dear dcc doesn't get sick, energy costs associated with equipment, cooking etc, personal chef, personal caterer, butt wiper, friend, and i can go on and on and on. We also make sure we feed dck's healthy, well balanced meals, not kraft dinner or hot dogs everyday. And lets also consider that the approximate amount of food each child will eat per day is $4.27 off of the $25/day.

Right now I have 2 dck's who I charge 25/day for 1 and 22/day for the other.... that's less than $50/ day I make for my 11 hour day (because they are staggered arrival/departure times..... After factoring the food costs associated with your child, plus all the overhead, how much are us daycare providers truly making???? $5/day? $10/day? For more than a 12 hour day once you factor in all the clean up and prep work before and after daycare hours.

Alot of parents make different money at work, but lets go on a wage a lot of people I know make (and yes i do realize that many work for less than this) @ $25/hr for an 8 hour work day, that's $200/day! Is it REALLLLLLY worth all these negative comments about daycare providers who charge and having to find backups, and blah blah blah.

We are not money hungry, if we were, we would charge ALOT MORE!

It really bothers me when posters on here state how we make so much money, and this and that. We do this job because we love it, and we want to offer our home out to your child. Not because we are money hungry.