View Single Post
PB&J 05:01 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
From the outside looking in, I do understand the "WHY" the state has began to deal with so much "wording terminology".

Afterall, I have a sign up that says "hold your child's hand as you walk to/from your vehicle".

We live in a generation that simply doesn't "think" or "do" the right thing much of the time.

So this "wording terminology" is likely because some providers/educators do not "do" or "think" at all so the state is protecting themselves' liability.

I.E....personal TRUE examples; like telling families at church not to let their kids run around in the parking lot after church and to always have an adult present; or asking someone to bring corn to a family-gathering and they bring green beans; or asking a family to bring rice krispie treats to a daycare party and they bring in a box of rice krispies thinking we are having cereal I guess; or telling clients not to be late picking up so they just bring in money forty minutes late like that will "fix" things;

This day and time brings many challenges for every person/organization/family/team.....times are so different from when I was a kid and my parents said the same thing about the difference from their childhood, so we have come to "this".... ???
Oh my gosh, ya got me there!! I never thought so many things have to be spelled out to so many people!

I’ve been thinking about that lunch rule in particular though: wouldn’t you be able to respond more quickly if you were already on your feet and circulating??!