View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:20 AM 08-29-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have 4 kids agree 13-18. ALL my kids would count toward ratio though they are all capable of doing babysitting on their own! Lol It used to be kids under age 12 (except when in school). Therefore, as exempt, I can't watch ANY kids 'technically' and as licensed I could watch only 4! I could watch 4+2 school agers back in the day.

Being in child care is TOO difficult. I told licensing board that beer rules are so stupid that technically every single parent that has four children and takes a child from school for a couple hours is basically breaking the rules. I ask her what the real rules are for Rideshare as far as parents who have 4 kids taking home 3 kids say from after school band practice. " well technically if you're not a licensed daycare, you're not supposed to be watching kids at all in those circumstances" most parents of older kids who need rides, are not going to be paying child care services, you know that one of those band parents are carpooling and everybody kind of switches off. I could not believe that they consider this actually child care. Really really stupid. Furthermore, I cannot believe that they actually consider 13 year olds on up to at least age 18, to be unable to entertain themselves or help out with the daycare kids or to do anything. They make it sound like they're just babies. Ridiculous
Ugh. That sounds awful. Kids stop counting in ratios at 13, here, but must be fingerprinted and have a comprehensive background check.