View Single Post
Unregistered 07:48 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am more concerned with the fact that a child was able to get away and for 20 MINUTES!! That’s ridiculous and a huge fail on the daycare’s part! I just do not quite believe that was the mother’s reaction, however, it very well could’ve been. Most certainly would not have been mine. I would’ve termed myself right then, called licensing, and put a review about it on any site that asks for a review on that daycare. Again, that is just ridiculous! -It is coming off (to me) as if it is being made the parent’s or child’s fault that she ran away, it is 100% the staff’s fault. If a child can get away like that and for that long then OBVIOUSLY no one is watching her as they should be.
There are lots of child proof latches, door knobs, etc out there that can and should be used, for reasons such as this.
I totally agree with this. As a parent, I would be livid if my child was gone for 20 min. And no one called the police. I would have left that daycare facility immediately and never returned. And I'm shocked that a parent would have had the reaction described! I know of no parent that would have laughed at the news that their kid was gone for 20 min!