View Single Post
childcaremom 02:40 AM 11-27-2015
Spedmommy, I always like your advice

Just another thought that popped in my head... maybe there is too much choice for her?

I have a ton of toys, too, and my littles were in the dump and fill stage so I cleared out the room. I mean very bare. Empty shelves. Without doing anything else differently, I have seen their play shift. Stacking of blocks, caring for babies, rolling of balls, etc. Gross motor exploration. They will bring things over for identification "ball" "blue" (they are all in the midst of a vocabulary burst) but for the most part are engaged and independent in their play.

I do have one, as I mentioned, who is constantly drawn back to me, I acknowledge (whatever I feel she is looking for: hug, snuggle, etc) and then send her back to play. She is improving but it is s l o w going. She has always been like this, though, and has a VERY shy temperment.

Now, my group is 15 - 18 months in this area, so a bit younger, but sounds on par with play development with your little one. I guess I would just look at it as any other milestone development, where a child is a little behind, and meet her where she's at. Keep moving forward, prompting her and she'll get it.