View Single Post
Ariana 07:22 AM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Lux:
After taking a "mostly" potty trained 21 month old dcb, I realized that the whole "if you have to remind they aren't really potty trained" is pretty dang true. Several pee pee accidents a week, sometimes several per day, and even poop ones occasionally! (And one poop during naptime about once per week. -But, he wears a diaper at nap so no biggie.)
He never tells me he needs to go potty. I have to remind. He has his good days about 50 percent of the time with zero accidents. But I just dont consider him potty trained. He STILL isnt at 2.5! And he still doesnt ask to go even though he is so verbal now.

With my daughter I trained her in literally one or two days - she had one accident the second day and since then - she is trained. I didn't start her until she was 34 months.

With my small daycare I really dont mind catering to parents a bit. But if I had any more kids than five....no way.
And, personally, I wouldnt have the patience for it as a parent either! Soo many accidents! I tried training my daughter around 2.5 and she had a couple accidents and just didnt get it and I was like "forget this!"
But I just had a feeling at almost 3 she was definitely ready -and she was.
I have a 2.5 yr old DCG and her parents did elimination communication with her from birth. When she started with me she was massively constipated and had blood in her stool. She would hold her poop constantly and at some points I felt so bad for her that I would put her on the toilet to eliminate which worked. Then of course way too early potty training at 18 months. Kid still does not go to the toilet unless prompted. Every nap she SOAKS her pullup because she is holding her pee all day if I don’t tell her to go. She is obsessed with watching the other kids get their diapers changed, especially looking at poop. All of this to say early toilet training is NOT healthy! This child will likely have irreparable damage to her bladder and colon from holding.

Thankfully with their second kid I think they have learned that their methods are not good. No elimination communication at all, no constipation either.