Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Just passed out a new illness policy that includes the 24/48 hour rule AND no dope and drop. That’s what’s making me extra mad today; she just signed this thing like 2 days ago!! And it took 30 min for one of them to finally call me back. I’m definitely reminding her he can’t come back for 48 hours when she finally gets here to pick him up.
I'll PM you the form I use for sending a child home.
It states directly on the paper the earliest day the child can return to care. It eliminates the parents ability to play dumb about it....

Also, I require parents to respond AND have their child picked up within 30 minutes of my initial contact with them. At 31 minutes, I start charging late fees...

You could set a time limit as to how swiftly the parent replies and picks up depending on how big of a community you live in....all my families work within a few minutes of my daycare and can easily be here and gone within that half hour.

When parents have to start paying these little fees....they realize how quickly they add up and you will see how fast they can act because of it...