View Single Post
ChaserT27 05:31 PM 05-12-2011
It amazes me the differences in prices..$115 a week for full time OMG I could not do it!! But different states = different pay scales I guess.

As far as program - I used to buy the pre packaged (some i love, some were blah) but they get pricey so with a bit of help from the net I have created my own. I have a 3 year rotating program. Most supplies are cheap and some I do not need anything but crayons and a glue stick
I have everything on my computer so even if I gain / lose a child it is not a big deal I just print what I need for that day and we are off! I also have a theme for each month. This keeps us all from getting bored (toys are rotated as well)

I am at my max now for kids and I do find it over whelming but only because I work from 7 to 5:30 (only two here after 5) and then have to rush to get dinner and my own kids things done for the night. :0( That is where my dilemma is..day is just too long.
And as far as getting into a funk. I have two kids from same family. DCG since she was 3 months old she is now almost 4..sibling since mom went to work from maternity. 50 hours per week - hardly EVER home sick...there are days where the sound of them is like nails on a chalk board to me.
Mom does not need me to work for all those hours as she goes grocery shopping to the gym etc. while they are in my care ( and tells me each and every time her great "mommy time" plans for the day). She has even taken a full vaca and still sent them to me full time! This is where I get frustrated with my job :0)

I remind myself WHY I do this, and then I remind myself how LOYAL my clients are to me. I also remind myself how LUCKY I am to have the full clientele as almost ALL the day cares in my area are far from full. I vent to whom ever will listen LOL..remind myself again and move on

If you have great reasons to be doing this, then you will get through it. I am sure each and every provider on here has had days where they were pretty close to closing the doors on the business. Make a good and bad list and compare..if your good list is larger..then smile! Breathe and maybe take some time for you.