View Single Post
Crazy8 10:18 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Make a FB for your daycare as a "Group". It's primarily for businesses and organizations. You can switch back and forth from your personal account to your business account using the "Account" then "Use FB as page" link on your upper right hand tab in FB. Then you click on your daycares profile.

To create one go here, then click the green "Create a Page" button, then click "Company, Organization or Institution". Choose a category (I put mine under Education) and then Type in your business name and agree to the terms. Once that's done you can edit your page.

The only thing is that you can't "request friends". You have to tell your DK parent's to find your page and "like" it. Then they can get updates each time that you post something.
oh, I do have a business page - but anyone can "like" it, you can't invite people who aren't on your friends list (aside from just giving them the link)and you can't make photos private, etc. so its much more limited than a personal page. I did create a "group" too - I know you can do a little more with the privacy settings on that one but I haven't played with it much yet.