View Single Post
Former Teacher 04:52 PM 08-27-2009
In Texas I don't think there is such as law, however I have read up on other centers and their policy is that of they can not rinse it out.

I would think it is a matter of sanitary. For years I personally would sit there and rinse out the soiled underwear until about 2 years ago. There was a boy who was 4 years old and he was just lazy to go to the bathroom. He would potty in there but he was lazy to do the other one. Well I would rinse out the soiled underwear for the first few times.

I happened to be walking out with the mother one day after she had her bag with his soiled underwear. We had a great communication. I really liked her alot. Anyway, we were walking out to her car so I could wish her and her son a good night and she walked right to the trash can. I was like "no! I already rinsed those out for you. She said do you honestly think I will put that in my washer? Even though its rinsed?"

We went on to have a long discussion and I agreed with her. It became MY policy that should a child in my care soil (THAT way not pee pee) then they would go in the trash.

Yes a few parents got upset because underwear costs money etc.. I just explained to them that I was sorry but I didn't have the time nor the staff to be rinsing out dirty clothes. Eventually over time, it became a personal "unspoken" center policy. I would think it would depend on each center.

As for the law, you might want to check Minimum Standards or perhaps the health department.