View Single Post
QualiTcare 08:51 PM 04-19-2010
if i was in it for the money, i could've picked any other field to major in that would've taken the same amount of time.

if i was concerned about money, i would've chosen a much more profitable business (like nursing or accounting) all of which take four years.

i went to school, worked in a "chain daycare" and had 2 small children the whole time i went to college. not to mention, i sent my children to daycare in the meantime. i sacrificed a lot to get the degree i CHOSE - which i chose for alot of reasons, money obviously not being one of them.

that being said, i ALSO didn't work, go to school, and take time away from my own children for four years so that i could provide the same quality of care/make the same money as i could have by simply using my high school diploma. if i kept more children for less money - why would i have wasted all those years in college? people DO go to college to become educated and to be the best in the field - they ALSO go to college in order to be more financially stable.

going to college has given me more options. i can be a teacher, but i can also care for children and charge more (if you consider $5 more outrageous) to parents who value the education i have.

going to college DOES have benefits - if it didn't - then nobody would go. i make no apologies for charging a whopping five dollars more per day (or whatever the difference is) considering the work i put in and the knowledge i gained as a result.