View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 07:52 PM 04-29-2010
Bare hands! nuts! Nowdays you cant be sure daycare families dont have hepatitis. I actually know a provider at a nearby center that got hepatitis from not wearing gloves when dealing with diapering/potty issues. You can't pay me enough to risk my families health in my home to deal with a kid that makes poopy messes. As for the whole can't potty train without messes in underwear/panties- BULL I have had many, many children, including my own son, that wore pullups- and were potty trained - brought to the potty regularly- then switched to undies after 2 weeks of no pullup accidents at home or daycare. The big kid undie transition was a much lauded graduation to big kid- and if they truly had no uh-oh's in pullups- barring being ill they shouldn't soil underwear either- thats purely behavioral- and not tolerated. If you are too cheap to pay for pullups to protect the health and sanitation of the people who care for your child, as well as the other children in care, you shouldn't have had kids.

I am cracking up at "five bucks a swirl"

Funny though, when I was young I remember my babysitter doing exactly this. She would change my little brother's DISPOSEABLE diaper and if he pooped she would rinse it out in the toilet bowl with her bare hands, wring it out, then wrap the diaper in itself and throw it away. Since I was 9 at the time, I would sometimes change him while were at her house and just throw the poopy diaper in the bathroom trash. So, she showed me one day how she wanted me to handle the poopy diapers. She said that she did it that to cut down on the smell. I was NOT doing that so from that point forward, I just let her change all the poopy diapers after that LOL. It's WAY more sanitary to just take out the trash daily if you want to cut down on the smell. The crazy thing was that we lived in an apartment building and the trash incinerator was just 4 doors down from her! [/quote]