View Single Post
missnikki 05:38 PM 05-05-2010
Those are all great ideas! To add a few:
My kids love playing cards, twister (the game), karaoke machines, fooseball/air hockey table, helping make the snacks and meals, origami, nerf basketball (indoors), and the all time favorite game they beg me to play:
In the Dark Tag. here's what we do-We turn out the lights and close the blinds, make it as dark as possible. (Of course rearrange furniture that is obviously in the way) One kid is 'it', and wears the blindfold. The rest try to stay as quiet as possible and scatter around the room to hide. The 'it' kid has to use their sense of sound and feel around to find people. I am always watching to make sure no one gets hurt. They cannot help but giggle watching their friend waving around in the dark listening for the hiders. One rule we have is that if you are it and it takes too long or you are frustrated, you can say 'freeze time', and everyone but you has to freeze for 10 seconds. When someone is caught, you can have them be 'it' -but all my kids want to get tagged to be 'it', so we play that if you get tagged, you are out for one round but you can pick the next 'it'.
I know that would be impossible to play with little ones, but any variation of tag or hide and seek is very popular with my School Agers.