View Single Post
melilley 01:44 PM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by mbullette:
I will be straight out and say I am not licensed and yes I do advertise. I am not allowed to be licensed because the city I live in does not allow fenced in yards. I had the state licensing person come out and said I would pass with no problems but unfortunately with no fence there was no license. There are 5 unlicensed providers in my area and no large centers because its not allowed here. Just because we are not licensed does not make us bad providers. I still follow all the rules as if I were licensed. I don't see why the unlicensed providers cant advertise or what the big problem is??????
I don't have a problem with providers who aren't licensed, if it is legal to operate without a license in your state. There are laws for a reason. I'm not saying that unlicensed providers are bad, but the key words that you said was "I follow all the rules as if I were licensed". A lot of people don't or they don't know the rules or what is adequate for the children. I guess what it comes down to it for me is it's illegal here to operate w/o a license so you shouldn't. That's just my opinion.