View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:18 PM 08-08-2015
I have a rider on my condo from State Farm but I'm a homeowner. I'm pretty sure a renter with renter's insurance from State Farm could possibly do the same but from what I understood (although it could be different from state to state) when it was explained to me was that I could not get a rider on my insurance in my state unless I was licensed. If I was running as a licence-exempt provider (and totally legal) then I wouldn't qualify for a rider from them.

That being said however it might be worth it to ask anyway because my state has pretty strict regs on license-exempt care and only allows you operate as license-exempt if you care for family members or if you only watch one family's kids. In other states you can care for more kids than you can here and still operate legally so maybe in those states they can offer riders even if you are legally unlicensed.

My mom works at a State Farm so I get to ask her a lot of hypothetical questions but she did mention that sometimes it varies from state to state because of different laws and regulations.