View Single Post
KidGrind 05:43 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by Keysam:
Im wanting to open a home daycare within the next year and have many questions. I have an ok sized home that has one spare room that Ive currently been using as my craft room. For the daycare I will be turning that into a play room, and using my dining room for meals and messy daycare art projects.

Can I use my current dining room table or do I need to get a child sized table and chairs?

Also I don't want to feel like I am living at work, what can I do in the evenings and weekends to hide or diminish the amount of childcare things I see?

I was also wondering how many of you have a home daycare without excessive colorful wall hangings, rugs and etc? Will it be hard to get business if my playroom looks less like a center and more like someone's actual home?
I have my whole dining room dedicated as the kids room. I am licensed to have my living room as a sleeping room. It is free of childcare items, unless an infant is sleeping in a playpen.

My clients love my set up. They do not want their child in an in-home daycare that does not have a defined area. Some parents my prefer a home that does not look like a daycare.