View Single Post
cassiesue 08:25 AM 10-16-2016
I have another child like this, a 3-year-old little girl. The very first day I had her she literally screamed all day. When a nurse called about an appointment she couldn't help but overhear. I joked that this was her first and last day, but was actually serious. The nurse asked me to stick it out that the child might need me and perhaps God had put me in her life. Meanwhile I am debating if she is the spawn of Satan, lol.

I did stick it out with her. It took a lot of time and patience. She did not do well playing with others and still doesn't. In the afternoon she can not go out with the other children if only my assistant goes out with them as she doesn't listen at all.

She now has been here about 6 months. She was full-time, but now is only on a drop-off basis as her mom's hours got reduced. No more crying at drop-offs. No more screaming!!! But she still does not play well with others.

I think she is special needs in some way. Her mom claims no. Her dad agrees with me. Apparently her pediatrician claims she is not. But one day when I had to take my son to MD, she came along as I never leave her with the assistant. He immediately suggested braces as she has odd gait, special shoes (as she walks on tiptoes) and speech. I told him I agreed but she was not my child.

My only advice is to know your limitations. Also if she is not disrupting your group's atmosphere try giving her a bit longer to adjust.