View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:04 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered8:
Thank you I was researching about sick children of daycares because my son was just tested positive of influenza A and B, and I know it was from daycare provider was the first I saw sick so I was looking into it. This thread had little to do with my research but definitely kept my attention to see the complaints of caregivers I'm so happy she isn't my caregiver I'm so sorry she is so disturbed by a child whose immune system must be a tad weaker then other's but I'm glad of your comment because seeing others response shocked me as well.
You are aware that it isn't just those that ARE physically sick that spread germs, viruses and illnesses right?

If you work outside the home YOU could have brought the virus into the daycare and been the one that got the daycare provider sick.

I'm a working mom and my son had chronic runny nose from 3 months till 16 months due to his enlarged adenoids. surgery had to be done to fix the issue. I would admit it was tough having to be on top of keeping him clean but he wasn't contagious and I feel the proper thing the provider should have done is ask the parent and have them bring a note from doctor which is what I did for my provider.
Even you admit that staying on top of it for ONE child was tough but yet you were/are expecting the provider to do the same WHILE caring for other children....

....and note's from the Dr? Yeah, the Dr isn't the one providing care OR worrying about all the other children and families in care. (S)He is worried only about getting you/your sick child out of his/her office.

Most Dr's will write notes stating a child is not contagious just because the parent asks. It's VERY common.

I also want to note that contagiousness is NOT the only reason a child can be excluded either so for sake of argument even if your child wasn't contagious he still may not have been "ready" to return to care.

But it seems she just lacks care for the child so yeah the new and improved policy might be best.
What you see as a lack of care for an individual child is really care and concern for the GROUP of children that attend her program. Parents rarely see or understand that concept and I'll admit from a parent perspective it does come appear as if the provider might not care but from the provider's perspective...we can't please everyone so we do what's best for ALL, even if that means making a couple parent's upset.

Finding someone to watch your kid is the hardest thing for a parent. Sometimes you even have to settle for a convenient location rather then best care. So it would be nice if providers would be more sensitive/ understanding to the needs of the parents and child.
Nope. As a parent I would never put convenience ahead of quality. It's your child, not your dry cleaning.

So it would nice if parents would be more sensitive and understanding to the needs of providers that work their butts off, many times putting their own family last in order to meet the needs of daycare parents and their children.