View Single Post
Christophina 05:43 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
Oh I'm sorry that happened to you. Was it because of the 40? Or because grandma is free? Hope you can fill some spots quickly.
She said it is because she wants to go back to being a stay at home mom. I almost believe her. She is really close with her kid.

Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Christophino,
I am sorry about your client quitting.
I would like to make a suggestion....in the future have your clients pay before services and really, really keep sick days to a minimum. I know some people just get sick more than others but to be honest I can almost see the parents viewpoint in this case....from her point of view you have only provided service for a month and have already taken 5 unscheduled days off. Don't be mad at me for saying this but in six years I have only closed one day due to my own or family's illness, two days for a very close family members out of town funeral, and one day when one of my own children was hospitalized. I don't know how long you have been doing this biz but I know that daycare parents HATE unscheduled closures...... Maybe you have been doing this biz for years and years and years. I don't know. If you have maybe this past month has been just a combination of bad luck. If you are just starting out take my advice keep those unscheduled days off to a minimum if at all possible. Find a sub to cover for you if you are the type of person who tends to get sick often. By the way in this situation I feel like it was completely fair to get your $40.
Good luck to you and your family.
Thanks. I actually do make my clients pay ahead of time. They pay Monday morning for the week. As far as the sick days, I actually gave her the option of coming or not. I told her "my children have the stomach flu and I am getting over it so use your discretion whether to bring your child or not." She chose not. So, technically they aren't even sick days! It is definitely a combination of bad luck though. I don't call out. Hell, I gave birth on a Sunday morning and was back to daycare on Monday without taking a sick day!! But thank you for the advice and well wishes.