View Single Post
MissAnn 04:03 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
The paranoia I have about parents thinking I am a slob is killing me. I am a neat freak by nature and daycare clean is 10x more clean than my normal deep clean and it has to be maintained at all times in case a parent comes by early etc. I feel a constant looming of, "what if they come by and see the peanut butter thrown on the ground" or "my house is a mess and I am trying to clean it...what if they come by and see me cleaning while the kids are trashing my living room?!"

I don't know how y'all do it. I feel incredible pressure to keep my house clean and I am embarrassed when normal kid mess is all over my house and parents come by the pick up. Sort of like they are judging my ability to take care of kids by the mess that my house is.

And I am not talking filthy floors, stuff splattered on cabinets or dust an inch thick. I'm not talking hoarders filth and my house is relatively clutter free, orderly and most things have a space. I'm mostly talking about kids strewing stuff all over my house, crumbs on the floor from lunch (that I sweep but can't vacuum til kids leave for the day) and just general disarray from playing with kids and not picking up after them 3-4 times a day.
Do I really want to admit this? I don't! It's probably the main area that I need to work on! We have such long days as it is! I clean the kitchen after meals and the kids pick up their messes throughout the day....but they are all 3-5 years old. I tend to have a messy desk and if you look too close...I have dust. I need a little OCD!