View Single Post
Sprouts 06:11 PM 12-29-2012
Ok so i wrote a previous thread back in July about this situation which you can read here if you like https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47469

to basically sum it up, a woman decided not to bring her child to my childcare because she thought the kids played too rough, i gave her a partial refund, she wasnt happy about that....

so today i asked one of my parents to wrtie a review about my program on yellow pages, and then we came across this!!

Unless you want your child to learn rough playing as an infant don't even go there. Their paper work is crazy. Also if you are formula feeding you have to bring the formula and baby food every morning with you. Wipes being brought ever week, payment due every Friday by 1 or get a late fee. Soil clothes are sent back home dirty in a ziplock bag you have to provide. The owner is very money oriented and will keep your money in a snap shot. She also takes your kids to places like costco etc to run errands while in her care. She is not there all the time and a young girl watches the kids when she is out. The place is extremely small and must bring new bottles every day because she has no place to store it. If you dare to try it, read well the contract and fees (the later you pick up your child the more money you are committing to pay); also ask for an acclamation for your child when ALL kids are awake and interacting. She will try to have you come in during quite time by making herself unavailable at other times, do not accept it.... otherwise you wont get the true story. I brought my child for a 45 minutes introduction before his start date, but when I saw an 18 months old boy stepping his foot on an 13 months old girl' head and belly, the girl pulling his hair and wrestling all the time I was there, and in the presence of the owner it led to me believe that this is an ongoing activity they have master to enjoy and that discipline and concerns of liability were not being considered in that place. For this reason alone, I decided not to bring my son in. When I told her, she didn't explain herself at all and told me that I was simply over reacting with the rough playing I witnessed and kept 50% of my deposit and charged me 30 dollars for the 45 minutes I brought my son in to drop his things off and get him acclimated. I didn't sue her for ALL of my money ONLY because she is an expectant mother.

The following is not true and I feel is SLander...

The owner is very money oriented and will keep your money in a snap shot. She also takes your kids to places like costco etc to run errands while in her care. She is not there all the time and a young girl watches the kids when she is out. The place is extremely small and must bring new bottles every day because she has no place to store it.

As far as the rough play between the children i spoke about that on the thread i posted in the beginning of this thread.

how would some of you handle this...i obviously want to be the better person here and not stoop down to her level, but this comment has been up since July!! and I just saw it, so Imagine how many people have decided NOT to call because of this.