View Single Post
Unregistered 09:06 AM 02-23-2020
Sorry this is an old thread; hoping to get some opinions on a similar situation. I imagine a lot of us are dealing with this type of thing more now.

Short story: Parents agreed to the terms of our contract (by signing-it was obvious later that they never read it). My contact has worked fine over the years for my other families but then they actually read it.

So they signed, didn't read, then proceeded to violate policies related to contract times, and brought outside food w eggs to top to our home (i don't allow outside food especially because of egg & peanut allergies). I was forced to terminate care immediately. Their "do whatever I want" behavior made giving them anymore time in our home feel like a liability so we termed without notice. Oy vey....the joy of parents behaving badly.

They posted a review with complaints all related their contract violations (and in short that I would put up with it!) and that I gave short notice. Then a follow up complaint with licensing over the same issues which was reviewed and deemed unfounded.

I did respond to the online review with short to the point 'sorry for any misunderstandings about our policies' type statement. I know what I wanted to say but they are not the only audience.

Now waiting for it to blow over, but in the meanwhile I'm wondering is there anything else we can or should do??