View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I agree with this, for now Those within our age-range are the ones "hanging with it". But, there have been three new FCC programs to open over the past two years within my county and opening a child care home or center is no easy task with the new rules in place now. So maybe this profession is continuing despite the downfalls!. I have rolled with change over the the years but can't imagine opening a child care now.

AS for head starts/prek, it's about 50/50 now. Not ALL leave for free daycare. So we move right along, day by day, week by week, and so on
I agree!

It's about 50/50 here as many families opt to stay with in home child care that offers a curriculum and others choose the all day free pre-K option.

I don't mind as there are plenty of kids in my area that I haven't really felt the effect but I have noticed that some of the families that opted for the free pre-k option are struggling to find care during those off days where preschool is closed, holidays and summer care.

I refuse to take a preschool aged child that is enrolled in universal pre-k during those off days. For one I refuse to be the one that fills in the blanks for the family that opted to go that route....their choice so their issue to manage...

The biggest reason however, is that the behaviors brought in with those children are horrid and are not behaviors I really want to deal with. So I don't.

Like Annalee said, it's week by week, day by day but so far I am surviving. I am grateful as I know several providers (newer and older) in my area that are struggling to fill spaces for various reasons.