View Single Post
Unregistered 12:22 PM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
This thread weighs in my head with many confusing thoughts but I wonder sometimes if the communal way of living with grandparents, parents, siblings, uncles, aunts living together that with no one person to be in charge the kids just get forgotten. I have a family here that has 7 possible drop-off/ pick-up persons. To me, it was normal to always get my kids out of the car with me, but it's not normal for so many in today's times, not to mention the millennials that do good to make sure everyone is fed. Disclaimer: all millennials are not like this but, sadly, the ones I'm around are good kids but not really "with-it". I had to remind two families to get appointments for immunizations yesterday. They should know this on their own but they don't. But they don't miss a travel ball game time...LOL
I think it's an easy way to kill your kids. Years ago, you could get away with it. Sooooooooooooo many cars have features to prevent this. It's just too many factors to be innocent. Say you forgot your child, 50% you're guilty. Say your car has some feature that warn you, 75% chance of getting caught. It just gets further and further from there. I think we as Americans have to let go of this idea that all parent are good or trying. Some parents/families are bad.

I used to have a family that would forget to pick up due to have 20 adults living in the house. You know what? EVERYBODY remembered pick up after the first late fee.