View Single Post
PB&J 11:08 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
At least one Staff person with a satisfactory Comprehensive Records Check Determination shall supervise Children at all times appropriate to the individual age, needs and capabilities of each child.
Our state doesn’t have the term “Comprehensive Records Check Determination” (criminal background check?) but the context of that sentence makes me wonder: can the rest of your staff have UNsatisfactory CRCD and care for the kids as assistants?

When we were told that we could no longer terminate a child on OUR terms and had to provide the parent with resources and services (as well as that whole rule on being required to accept unvaccinated kids), I told the inspector that these rules were going to make some of us close up. She basically replied that so far it hasn’t really been the case. (Put up or shut up I guess is what she was saying!)

I’ve had parents ask why a certain kid is still around (not that directly) and/or getting all the focus from the caregivers and all I can say is that we’re in the middle of our eight steps. PARENTS don’t like that we have to keep those kids around their kids, as well as refocus our days around them. As much as we providers need to speak up, I wish the parents would too. They say they select home-based for a reason but soon there will be no difference.

I know our regs are often written to deal with the actions of the worst caregivers and I was trying to think what prompted your state to tell you how to HAVE LUNCH with your own DCKs but I guess your theory of legislators wanting to drive us under continues to make the most “sense.”