Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Unregistered 07:46 AM 11-19-2020
Dcm texted me 20 minutes before closing last night that she is running late and is trying to hurry. She's never late, so I didn't think much of it.

She shows up 10 minutes AFTER closing. She was very apologetic, but here's the thing. Maybe instead of texting me that she is running late, she should've called her husband and told him to come pick up their kids. Or maybe she should've came and got her kids and then went back to her office to finish up work. And then she was non-stop going on about WHY she was late. As if I care.

I don't understand some people. When a parent knows daycare closes at 5:30 and pick-ups must be done PRIOR to closing, why do they just not care and think they can be late? She didn't even bother asking if it was okay. Her problem became my problem. I seriously am curious as to what makes people act this way - especially to the person that cares for their children. I feel like home daycares aren't treated like a business. She would never show up to the grocery store after closing time...because they are CLOSED.

Sorry for the rant, but late pick-ups are a huge pet peeve of mine.