View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 11-10-2012
I am sorry that this happened to you but in all honesty, your provider (ex) is not legally required to give you any tax statements other than her tax ID number. If you paid your provider, she should have given you a receipt at the time of payment or you can use your cancelled check as a receipt in order to use it on your taxes.

She is NOT however, required to provide you with a year end statment in regards to how much money you paid her. YOU are using your payments as a deduction so YOU should keep track of it.

I guess if you are not in the U.S though and are in Canada, the rules/laws may be different but in the U.S., the provider doesn't HAVE to provide you with anything.

Also, I am wondering what the point of this post is? Are you asking what you should do next or are you just looking to flame your previous provider?

I understand that you had a rather unfortunate incidence with her but I don't see the productiveness in posting on an open forum anything bad about her. If you have a serious and valid complaint about her, you should call the licensing department in your area and file a complaint. You have a police report to support it.

There are two sides to every story as yourtooloud pointed out, so I guess there isn't much advice that I feel I can give on this situation other than report it to the proper authorities. Posting about in on the internet just to mark up her reputation is neither necessary nor productive.

I hope you are able to find a provider for your daughter where you are comfortable and are able to have a good working relationship with.