View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:52 AM 11-12-2012
Originally Posted by Lukasz K:
The receipt was for the previous year, so I wasn't asking for anything out of ordinary. She got upset that I came back right after I seemingly left, and decided it was a good reason to shout and get violent. I went back to give her my wife's new phone number because she said she needed to contact her. Go figure. And no, my kid is no longer at that daycare.
I'm not sure what country this took place in but as someone pointed out in the thread here in the US year-end statements are not required by law to be handed out, only the businesses tax ID's are. Even then we are only required to give those out if we are given a W-10.

Asking for a year-end statement for me is in itself not unusual as I personally choose to give them out along with the client's W-10's however I know that it's not common to do so. Asking for a year-end summary for a previous year (as in the 2011 year) is deffinetely uncommon ... even I don't do that. Going back that far for me would be very time consuming and I only have few families a year. I just wanted to point this out so that if you are in the US you are aware that at no time was she required to give you a year-end statement. If she did she actually did you a favor.

I understand that the daycare owner told you she'd have one ready by the end of the day however by the way that you worded your post it seems to me that she asked you to come back later but before leaving and instead of coming back later in the day you immediately went back to see her again ... jusy curious as to why you did. I'm not sure why someone would "attack" someone for no apparent reason and I'm not condoning her behavior however it just seems to me as though she really wanted her off her property. Did you give her cause to make her want you to leave?

It seems a little unrealistic that all that happened was that you went in asked for a year-end statement and then she hollered at you and pushed you out. It just doesn't make sense to me. It seems as though information is missing from this post.

As others have said, you aren't helping your cause by venting here. You can call your local licensing office to report what happened and they can investigate. You can also file a claim with the BBB so that other consumers are aware of the issue.