View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:38 AM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I was told by Tom Copeland that asking another provider their rates is against the law. It's called price fixing.

That being said, I charge $160 a week based on 45 hours. Everything included except diapers. Centers around me charge $225.
I had a book by Tom Copeland that actually says to call daycare's and say that you are looking for daycare to get their rates . It was pretty old so maybe it was an old printing, I wish I still had that book so I could scan it and post it. This isn't the first time that I've heard of him saying this.

But when I did my orientation for licensing and when I took a workshop "The Business of Daycare" and the question was asked about what we should charge both licensing and the speakers (one was from licensing and the other was a tax consultant that specializes in daycares and centers) they both recommended calling daycare's in the area and asking what their rates were.

I want to know because I don't want to charge too little or too much for my service when compared to others of the similar kind.