View Single Post
fctjc1979 06:07 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Wonderful. We live close to each other so don't call and ask me my price cuz you KNOW I can't tell ya.

By the way... you are getting a good rate for your area. I have friends that live in Altoona that aren't pulling that off and they have many years in the business.

We are not required to be registered for another three years. After that everyone will have to be licensed.

I don't know why you aren't registered but the food program is a really nice little check every month and the work isn't too bad. It's really worth it. Our Food Program peeps are pretty cool.
To be honest, it wasn't really my intention to become a daycare provider. I kind of fell into it by helping some people out and it just kind of grew from there. I kind of "woke up" one day and went, "hey, I'm a daycare provider". The last time I looked at licensing requirements (and that was a while ago), they said that you have to have at least two exits out of your home. And to be registered, you had to sign that you and your house comply with all requirements (although you won't actually be checked out until you apply to be licensed). My house only has one door. I know I could sign off to be registered but I think that would be dishonest. Anyway, right at the moment I only have three sisters on Wednesdays (since I terminated my problem family) so I'm not getting payed much, but that's ok.