View Single Post
TomCopeland 09:15 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I had a book by Tom Copeland that actually says to call daycare's and say that you are looking for daycare to get their rates . It was pretty old so maybe it was an old printing, I wish I still had that book so I could scan it and post it. This isn't the first time that I've heard of him saying this.

But when I did my orientation for licensing and when I took a workshop "The Business of Daycare" and the question was asked about what we should charge both licensing and the speakers (one was from licensing and the other was a tax consultant that specializes in daycares and centers) they both recommended calling daycare's in the area and asking what their rates were.

I want to know because I don't want to charge too little or too much for my service when compared to others of the similar kind.
My book Family Child Care Marketing Guide is still in print (www.nafcc.org). It's illegal for competitors to discuss rates, but sharing rates on this forum is okay because you don't compete with someone from another state.