View Single Post
Country Kids 01:28 PM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I answered in bold above.

I fully understand the importance if healthy eating but when a parent sends the food, it really doesn't effect us if the child chooses to waste it and it really isn't our concern WHAT the actual food item is (healthy or not) unless WE are the ones providing it.

If the provider supplied breakfast and the child asked for it and wasted it every day, then this would be a completely different scenario but in this case, the parents sent the food which says to me THEY approved of it and this is how their DD normally eats.

I also want to say that it seems that those providers who stress about what and when children eat are the ones who seem to have picky eaters/food issues.

I serve, they eat. That is it. I don't stress about anything food related. Kids will either eat or they won't but I surely won't force, bribe or reward them for doing so.
I guess I should have clarified.

The children I have really have an extrememly rough morning if they don't eat breakfast. Literally tons of time out, aggressive behaviors, not listening, almost adhd behaviors.

The same children can eat breakfast and have the best mornings! No problems what so ever.

So I personally know mine have behavior issues when they don't eat. I also know if they don't eat it will have been about 17 hours since their last food intake when we eat lunch. If they are going to be stubborn about eating, thats fine. I know though I have to be on higher alert due to the behavior issues.

Also, mine that get "sugary" breakfast, will crash midway through the morning and just fall apart. The crying starts, not being able to behave, share, etc. I would rather they just eat here and I know what they are getting.