View Single Post
Unregistered 09:26 AM 06-25-2016
While I have lots of fun learning centers for play and am a fun loving, let's have a good time provider I nip crazy play in the bud. It doesn't even start. They know I don't tolerate it. They know what will happen if it starts and they know I'm right on it each and every time. Crazy, wild play is for outside and outside only.

Now maybe I've just been lucky. Some of the kids described on some threads would test my nerves for sure! I'm not sure if my no room for wild and hurtful play and actions is because I have consistent rules and routines and lots of play stations/centers to explore or if I have just been lucky!

I understand not every has or wants a dedicated preschool only space. I just find it works really well for me. It's a NEED for me. I Can't do this in my living room!

Now the every day wacky kid stuff (all kids do it!) that has to be dealt with, long hours, isolation, etc. now that gets to me! I just find I have to take care of me. I go before kids arrive and get a cappuccino and sit by the River (I live in a beautiful natural area), I eat well, exercise, hang with friends, have an assistant come in so I can go to lunch with a friend regularly, use essential oils for calming, take baths, turn on my twinkly lights, play soft music during the day, make sure I get an hour break at naptime-no housework, don't take kids under one, etc.