Thread: Confidentiality
View Single Post
Unregistered 07:09 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by ConcernedMotherof2:
On the privacy issue, you only have a case if you have an order of protection (or PFA or whatever your state calls it) against your child's father and/or his mother. I don't know what state you're in, but in every state I've been in, the father has as much right to the child as the mother. As far as the dc trying to give you children that were not yours and not asking for ID, you shouldn't be using that dc anymore--I know I would have taken my kids and ran. That is a major issue and you have to wonder about the safety of your child in their care. I don't know if you have a case for a law suit, you'd have to ask a lawyer about that, but you definitely have cause to report the dc to DCS. I hope this works out for you--keep us posted.
The father does have just as much right to the child as you do if there is no court order what so ever. The grandmother, however, does not. The worker does need to be punished and you need to talk to the social worker or the supervisor, or hell go higher. If they have a main office go there! Confidentiality is very important because they do not know if the individual picking up that child has or could harm the child. I do however think that you need to figure out what is going on in that situation for the health of your children. Just because you have a new boyfriend does not mean that they don't have a father. He deserves his children especially if he has been in their lives before!!!!!