Thread: Help Responding
View Single Post
Great Beginnings 06:13 AM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Did the DCP ever get back to you with payment? If you have been happy with them as clients I would consider a heart to heart but honestly if they are seeking other options I see it as they could bolt at any minute and are not comfortable with you which is sad. I would draw up a 2 week notice. I would make sure they had paid me what is past due first!
Yes she finally paid me and I in return responded to her email letting her know I accept this as her 2 weeks notice.

I have not been happy with them. Their child is very disruptive and stressful. He is 7 but rules the roost. Decides what he wants to do, eat etc. He doesn't get along with any of the other children. Makes loud noises in everyones faces for attention. The mother has the nerve to ask me to take down Halloween and Christmas decorations because the boy is "scared". I think it's just attention personally though. We have temper tantrums at least twice weekly where we throw, yell loudly, threaten to rip my mail, tell me to shut up etc. The mother refuses to punish him at home because he gets time out here and that's punishment enough. She doesn't like when I place him in time out, she likes him to be redirected. Sometimes though redirecting makes the tantrum worse and to be honest I just need a break from him. She thinks if you ignore the tantrum he'll get bored. Ok but your also teaching all the other children the inappropriate way to behave and handle things. I was hoping they would be too embarrassed to finish out the 2 weeks but unfortunately they showed up today

I think maybe because all of the "attention" this child needs is why they are having issues with me having a baby. But sorry, because you can't control your own kid and refuse to get him evaluated does not mean I shouldn't be allowed to have my own.