View Single Post
dalman 08:08 AM 06-04-2014
I have been using Funshine for the past five years for six preschoolers. That being said, I have a lot of crafts left over that we never got to. So next fall, I plan on using what I have left, supplementing with ideas and printables from the internet and items I have purchased from the store. Another contributing factor is that we do not do preschool everyday. I believe that children learn most entirely through play, so we use playtime to work on colors, shapes, number concepts, etc. The preschool projects are mainly for the parents. It is what it is.

I would suggest using it for one year and seeing how it works with your group. I find that there is so much there that we never have time to do all of it. But I also like to add other things into the mix.

On the downside, I end up doing almost all the cutting as most of my dck's have not mastered the scissors. I have them work on scissor skills with just random sheets of paper to feel successful as there are no lines for them to follow but they get practice holding the scissors and moving the paper, etc.

I like that the entire day is set up for you, if you wish. The kids love the music CD and taking their projects home at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.