View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Alia:
I agree and I actually brought that up to her, and she responded in a very nasty way saying I am being inconsiderate, so rather than continue the conversation I just said my daughter would not be returning, thank you for your help with her. She continued on and on about the 2 weeks pay and then started messaging my husband so I blocked her. I don't know if that was the best thing to do but I didn't want to argue. I'm just concerned that with the way things ended she is going to try to take me to court and having never been through that before I'm not sure if I'm in the right. My gut tells me she breached the contract first so it is null and void. But my Google searches have not been able to find much applicable information...
I would do exactly as Cat Herder said above.

As a veteran provider that's been in this business for over 2 decades, I can almost guarantee she will NOT take you to court.

The two weeks she thinks you owe her would cost her far more in the end AND if she files in conciliation court, SHE bears the burden of proving that YOU violated the contract.

In order to do that, she'd have to admit she did first.

In the future, as cliche` as it sounds; "Get it in writing" Every detail.