View Single Post
Ann B. 09:47 AM 05-01-2012
Hi everyone!
I'm in need of more good advice from all of you "experts" here. Currently I have a child that comes on an "as need basis". Prior to him coming here for that he was a regular in my daycare. I would like to discontinue offering "drop in" daycare for this child. I was told he would be here this week and so far he has yet to come. Everyday I'm told whether he will be here the next day or not. Now I'm charging only $5.00 more per day than a permanent child enrolled with me. I'm feeling that I need help on how to tell the parent I no longer want this arrangement. The parents are very good people and the only reason he is only here when needed is because his mother lost her job. Some days she does do temporary work when it is offered to her and that"s when she needs me. How would you handle this? Do I give her a 2 week notice or a 1 week notice? or any notice? When she lost her job I was never given a notice so I kind of feel that I am not obligated to her for this. If I knew she would get a permanent job soon I would keep things the way they are but at this point it looks like only temporary work. Please help me! Thanks everyone ! I very much value your opinions here!