View Single Post
MissAnn 09:44 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
In 11 years I've done 1 immediate term one DCK for behavior. The kid I termed got threw a wooden block at a toddler's head then tried to throw the rest of the box of blocks at me. All because the toddler was sitting where he wanted to go. I'm not losing 3 other families who are worried about their child's safety so some DCFS REMF can feel like they've "done something".

Bottom line is it's my program- I decide who's in it and who's not.
I termed a boy who because of his apparent NEED for THAT easter egg (Easter egg hunt from he**).....ended up pushing a kid and causing a cut close to his eye that needed several stitches on the same day his grandpa was getting his leg amputated. The next week he threw a large rock at another kid because he was mad. This was also my only term because of a child.

I termed a parent because he stood in my way and kept me from being able to get out of my kitchen. He as acting in a threatening way and made me feel unsafe. He was telling me I should tell all the parents to beat their kids like he does. I stayed very calm while he wagged his finger at me and made me feel trapped. He left and I cried and shook but was so proud of myself for keeping calm. I still had several kids present. Yes...I called DCS.