View Single Post
Unregistered 07:49 AM 06-03-2008
Originally Posted by pingaa3:
I was burned on the two week notice thing three times. I now require payment in advance in two week increments. I also require a registration fee. I give NSF check people 5 days to pay and then take them to the district attorney. I charge $25 per bounced check plus any additional fees the bank charges for my inconvenience.

I have everything written into the contract and each item must be initialed that it was read and agreed to.

You are running a business, and unfortunately you are going to run into parents that don't want to pay. Do you really want to keep parents who don't appreciate that they are paying you to care for and raise their children and are too cheap to not bounce checks and not honor their contracts?

It sucks to be a hardA** about it but this isn't something you are doing for kicks. This is your house payment, your utilities, and the food you put in your own childrens stomachs we're talking about here.

Please be kind and firm with the parents, the good ones will appreciate and respect it. The bad ones who would have ripped you off won't stick around anyway.

pingaa3
daycare provider in cA
I completely agree with you!! I am running a business!! I will take you to court and i get the monies due to me. My family has to eat too and I'm sorry to say but my family does come 1st.