View Single Post
daycare 07:40 AM 08-20-2014
here is my experience with centers

they have longer hours, which means parents get to spend less time with their kids. Children that spend less time with parents=more problems connecting and behavioral issues.

They will deal with a naughty child, bouncing that child from teacher to teacher, then admin until something serious occurs. If you have a hard to place child, most centers will work with them and more than likely have more resources.

Often the center is based on 1 person's philosophies, not the employees/staff, so they don't care or are motivated to see it through.

The staff/children turn over is crazy high

The center my son attended allowed ill children past a common cold, so we were often sick too. but for whatever reason people didn't stop working they just kept coming and dropping off kid.

Ours did not offer any field trips to children under first grade. So my son was stuck in the brick and motor walls for everyday he was there.

Most centers do no close for vacations

I did not have siblings attending at that time, but I did know that they were able to give sibling discounts, some allowed sliding fee scales.

Centers have more wiggle room to offer discounts because they have 144 kids vs home daycare 4-14 kids.