View Single Post
mamamanda 03:05 PM 06-27-2014
When I was nursing I could always pump more at night time than during the day. I'm thinking maybe b/c I was more relaxed? Not sure, but I could pump same amount in 10 min that I would get after 30 min of daytime pumping. I know you are already tired with the night time nursing but you might try to pump for 10 min once or twice during the night & see if that makes a difference. I agree with the others who said to offer 3 oz bottles & then add more if needed if baby is still hungry. I've heard great things about the fenugreek. A friend swears
by it! Something to keep in mind is that ebf babies who are new to daycare will typically have a harder time adjusting. Not only are they experiencing a new environment, but breastfeeding is such a special bonding time with mommy that they miss that as well. Nursing isn't just about food for the baby. The day care provider will have to be very patient & understand that crying doesn't necessarily mean hungry. I applaud you for your commitment to your baby. A lot of moms give up breastfeeding when they go back to work. Its wonderful that you are so determined to make it work! Can you try holding a special blanket between you & baby when you nurse in the morning & then send that to daycare each day. It would have your scent on it & they could put it next to baby when they get fussy. That sometimes helps baby feel comforted when missing you. Best of luck!!!