View Single Post
Momvent 08:17 PM 06-06-2018
I just need to vent. So my 8.5 months old baby has been going to this daycare since he was 3 months old. The owner doesn't like us very much because I drop him off too early (7:30am) and pick him up too late (5:30pm) and mind you we do pay extra so that he can stay there an hour extra. Anyways, our relationship has not been the greatest and we never felt welcomed. About a month ago she told me that she will no longer be able to care for my baby because one of the staff members is living and she's not planning on hiring anyone else. When we enrolled my baby to her daycare we paid a 2-week deposit which it was supposed to be applied toward the last 2 weeks of service. So, technically we should only pay for the first 2 weeks of June. But this lady is telling me that the deposit will count towards her 10 days of vacation so I need to pay the full month?!? (Her vacation is not until 7/20 and she just told us today) This is NOT what the contract says! The owner later texted me saying that now she wants 1-week worth of vacation payment, so we only pay 3 weeks instead of the full month 😠 She said that since she's been so considerate & patient with us she "deserves" to be paid for her vacation time!! She went on saying how tiring it is to hold the bottle for my baby because he is 8 months old and he should be able to hold his own bottle 🙄 and watching him 10 hours a day is way too much for her! Is this even legal??? Please, advise!