View Single Post
blessedmess8 06:28 PM 08-29-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I was personally confused by all the exclamation points when discussing something so serious. I also felt that the letter was overally familiar, not professional enough (JMO). I think you need to think about and discuss your specific goals and timelines regarding progress with this boy otherwise the parents can easily buy time (as nanny put it) by agreeing with you (which isn't necessarily productive) and promising something vague like "we're working on it". What goals do you need him to reach in order to stay in your group? What time frame are you putting on this? You just sound like a very caring person and even though you wrote this email, i can just see you getting strung along for months and months with this situation because even though you expressed issues, you weren't specific with what you do expect from him and how quickly you want this resolved.
Definitely see your point. Not sure about the exlamation points I AM very familiar with all my families. I view what I do as a partership with them in the endeavor of raising their children. Some people may not hold the same view or think I'm not "professional" enough, but it is what works for the kids, in my experience. I considered this e-mail to be the beginning of a process with the parents. I'm sure there will eventually have be timelines and goals set out. But, this was an introduction of the issue with the parents. I do care a great deal, but I don't plan to just leave it in their hands from here on out. This was very emotional for the Momand I felt like I needed to be sensitive to that. I always like to turn the tables and think about how I would feel, as a parent.