Thread: Late Drop Off..
View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 09:22 AM 10-04-2012
I cannot stand people who are late, not just dropping off their children at daycare, but with life in general.

I find it VERY disrespectful to me and my time/schedule when people drop their kids off late!

Here's what I do to curb the issue:

A parent MUST call within 10 minutes of usual drop off time if they are going to be late or absent. A minute longer and they are charged a $10 "inconvenience" fee, due upon drop-off.

If a parent "forgets" to call to inform of a late or absent 3 or more times over any period of time I will consider termination (I find the parents who can't follow basic common-sense rules like this have issues following most rules and I am ready to term by this point anyways).

If a child is not dropped off by 8am sharp, their child will not recieve breakfast.

If a child is not dropped off by 9am sharp (with the exception of doc appts, some other pre-discussed circumstance) the door gets locked and they are not accepted into care for the day (no reimbursements).

I don't allow drop offs after 10:30am under ANY circumstances. Period.

I don't call parents to check and see where a child is. If we leave at 9am, I put a note on the door saying "Sorry you missed us. See you tomorrow!" And I ask for the $10 inconvenience fee the next day at drop-off.