View Single Post
childcaremom 10:25 AM 04-18-2016
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Hi!

I apologize for always having the most basic, logistical questions. As a new provider, I'm learning so much from you all and I have so, so many questions.

I'm in New York and it is my understanding that I am required to give notice of lawn treatments (e.g., pesticides, fertilizer). Ideally, I'd love to avoid all of it, but we purchased a home that needs lots of love and we really owe it to our neighbors to get this lawn looking reasonable. Do any of you have a standard letter or language you are willing to share?

We will only ever treat our lawn on Friday night/early Saturday morning to be sure it is as safe as possible for play. Any other lawn care tips for home daycares would be greatly appreciated!
I can't remember what I wrote exactly but when we fertilized (same as you, at the start of the weekend) I advised families of when we did it, to please keep off the lawn until x date and that our outdoor time would be limited to the deck until x date. It was a few years ago so I am pretty sure that we were good by Monday. I then had parents sign and return the notice.