View Single Post
daycarediva 10:03 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That is a hard one. I agree to go with your gut instincts. Parents have a way of knowing. I'd also suggest arriving at unexpected times to pick up your ds to see how his day is going. Can you have conversations with other dcparents?
IF these issues were brought up by a former teacher who was only there for a month, I would be very apt to believe what's going on, especially since the center is saying now they're working on improving them. But it'd be terribly hard for me to trust a place, even with improvements, now that I suspected 40 minute TO's, etc.
Good luck! And yes, your little guy would make new friends and adjust to a new place, if that's the path you're taking.
agreed here!

They also most likely will not terminate the teachers under investigation, and if what they're saying is accurate, there is no way they should be working in ECE.

Yes, 3yo's make things up, but where did he hear that his teachers would make fun of his dresses? Any adult making fun of a child should change careers.

Most providers live in fear of an unfounded complaint, so we are very careful to word things appropriately so that they cannot be misconstrued and to use conscious/positive (non shaming) discipline techniques as well.

Example- A former dck of mine had a mom who used to joke with him when he was injured that she would just 'cut off the leg' and even pretend to saw it off until he was cracking up. When they moved and he started a new dc, the provider called cps because he walked over to an injured child and modeled this behavior and then told her "Im hurt and mommy cuts me" and THEN and ONLY THEN did that Mom send me a message saying that she understood that although effective, I would not be pretending to saw off her child's extremities.