View Single Post
284878 08:07 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
New families first day today. Parents did not follow a single rule. Kid was rough, but that I can work with, and was actually better by the end of class. (4hr morning preschool class)
Parent came for drop off 10 minutes early. Continually knocked and rang bell until I finally went and opened the door and explained why I wasn't answering. (My current procedures say you arrive AT 8:30 and wait until the door is open for kids to enter, no knocking or ringing necessary)
Supply list states FULL change of clothing, as well as a backpack big enough for their weekly folder. I got a shirt and pants in a walmart bag :|
All paperwork states snack and lunch is provided, and NO outside food allowed. I was asked multiple times if they were needing to bring snack.
My Covid policy's state nobody is allowed inside and masks are required at drop off/pick up. Both parents at both drop off and pickup did not wear a mask, and dad tried to come in at drop off after I asked child to take her shoes off (He was going to do it for her :|)
Mom came to pick up about 10 minutes early. Neither parent had the Daily connect app on their phones (I have this as my touch-less check in. They can scan QR code and all covid questions are answered on the phone instead of my tablet) They had to put in 4 digit pin, click sign in, answer covid questions and then sign. They were annoyed with how long this took...

So I need opinions. Do I keep going with this family or is it doomed from the beginning? Like I said, I can deal with the kid not following rules, but the parents are harder to deal with
Wow - I think I had their relative last year.
They said they needed care at 7:30, but since dcm had not found a job she did not bring the child until 9, came to my front door vs dc entrance. We discussed that when she needed 7:30 I would be available but until then I would not expect them until 9. When they arrived, I asked for supplies and dcm went out to the car and brought in a bag of Junk. Proceed to pull everything out until she found a complete spare outfit for DCG. Insisted that DCG needed x toy and even when dcg was off playing, she proceeds to set the toy down when I was not looking. (Even after I
said, DCM, I have x toy, she can just play with mine.)

Then one day out of the blue DCD drops off at 7:30, I was still in bed up because my other family was not coming that day. DCM had just gotten a job and never let me know.

FFW-- DCM comments that they should know soon if she will get into preschool, since she did not say any more to me about the preschool schedule, one could assume that preschool would be on days that she did not attend dc. (But I knew better) So I was not shocked when the first day of preschool rolled around and they did not show. I was shocked to get an angry call from dcd claiming it was my fault dcg was sick (and sent home from DC) when I had been on vacation for 2 weeks before preschool had started and no kids in my care were sick.

I knew it would not be a long relationship but at the time I was short on enrollments after having DS, so I keep them. Looking back, I should have followed up with them about preschool and asked for an end date.

So you could give it a week and if you are not feeling it, term sooner than later.